Do you experience constant back pain, routine chiropractic care may be the answer. Your body is a complex machine made up of multiple interconnected systems in a delicate balance. In order for it to function optimally, the body must be in alignment, with all of the pieces of parts of the musculoskeletal system working in concert to support one another.
Occasionally the body can become misaligned due to genetics, disease, injury, or simply through the wear and tear of aging. Unless the balance is restored, a patient can have chronic issues with inflammation, pain, and lack of mobility. This is where chiropractic treatment comes in.
What does chiropractic treatment entail?
Because a chiropractor is treating your body as a system rather than as isolated parts with symptoms that need treating, they are able to approach a patient as an individual and treat the whole person rather than addressing pain and inflammation as isolated phenomena.
After an inclusive examination and intake process, the chiropractor is able to look at what parts of the body are causing the symptoms and begin to address those. Often in the initial examination, it is discovered that there are parts of the body that could benefit from chiropractic adjustment.
Chiropractic adjustment works through physical manipulation of the patient’s body, particularly the spine. Since the central nervous system controls all of the processes within our bodies, if there is a misalignment of the spine or imbalance with posture or the limbs that support us, it can have effects on our overall health.
Once the pressure on the affected nerves is relieved, and the irregular tension is removed from the muscles and tendons that compensate for the imbalances, the patient can experience immediate relief.
Some benefits of chiropractic care include:
- Improved circulation and blood pressure- even if you have not been responsive to medication, an adjustment can restore the balance necessary to lower the blood pressure and bring an overall sense of calmness you may have been missing.
- Relieve from pain caused by spinal compression- if you have herniated or bulging disks, a chiropractic treatment can decompress the spine, providing the nerves within the spine relief from pressure and impingement.
- Provide help with conditions like scoliosis and sciatica- a properly aligned spine can provide relief from common causes of back pain by restoring the natural alignment.
- Improved mental wellness and acuity- because the adjustment can adjust circulation and improve blood flow, the patient may experience both an improvement in mood and mental sharpness.
- Headache and migraine relief- both tension and migraines can receive relief from a proper adjustment. Besides back pain, headaches and migraine are one of the top complaints that chiropractors treat.
- Reduction in inflammation- by relieving pressure and restoring balance to the body’s musculoskeletal framework, pressure on joints is relieved, offering the patient freedom from inflammation and the resulting pain.
If you have been frustrated pursuing traditional means of finding relief from pain, inflammation, or stress, a chiropractic visit might put you on the right path.